1. Help Center
  2. 01 Mariners Self Help Desk
  3. Captain's Licenses General Information

25/50 or 100 Ton Master License

Inspected Passenger Vessels

The USCG Master's License is the highest level license that you can acquire. This license allows you to operate inspected vessels (7 passengers or more – like a water taxi or dive boat) or uninspected vessels.

The USCG does not require that you get a Six-Pack License before you get your Masters, so if you qualify, you can skip the Six-Pack and go straight to your Masters!

A Master license is issued for operation on the Great Lakes, Inland and Near Coast waterways. This license is issued in 3 versions: 25; 50; or a 100 Ton License. Both the amount of sea service time and the size vessels you have been on will influence the license you are eligible for.

Here is a link to a short video that will give you additional information on that level license: http://goto.marinerslearningsystem.com/25-50-100-Ton_Master_License_Video.html