How do I show proof of my TWIC card?
Included with your application package, you must provide evidence that you either hold or have applied for a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. If you have applied and do not have the card in hand yet, submit your receipt.
Look over this video that goes over the TWIC card.
How do I apply for a TWIC card?
Complete the online application or you can complete the entire process in person at an application center.
When applying for your Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) please ensure you identify your occupation as a "Merchant Mariner", so that the National Maritime Center can conduct a safety & suitability evaluation of your application.
Visit a TWIC application center to:
- Provide required documentation, be fingerprinted and take a facial photo. Bring your current U.S. passport or a driver’s license and birth certificate. See other acceptable documents.
- Pay a non-refundable fee valid for five years with a credit card, money order, company check or certified/cashier’s check.
- You can have your card mailed to your home address or you can pick it up at the application center. You can check your status online at any time.
Where do I apply for a TWIC card?
A Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) is an identification credential issued by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), containing biometrics of the card holder.
How much does a TWIC card cost?
As of July 20, 2021, the fee for a new applicant’s TWIC is $125.25, and it’s valid for five years.
Workers with current comparable background checks will pay a reduced fee of $93. To be eligible for the reduced rate you must present a valid driver license with a hazardous materials endorsement, or a Free and Secure Trade card. Please note, if you select the reduced rate, your new TWIC card will be valid for five years from the chosen document’s issuance date. If workers are eligible to pay the lower price, their TWIC will expire five years from the date of the comparable credential.
The cost for a replacement TWIC if the original is lost, stolen, or damaged is $60.
What eligibility requirements must I meet to get issued a TWIC card?
You may apply if you are a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, naturalized citizen or a nonimmigrant alien, asylee, or refugee who is in lawful status.
Applicants may be ineligible due to:
- Incomplete or false application information
- Disqualifying criminal offenses and factors